We’ve said it before - we’ll say it again: there’s nothing that says summer more than backyard barbecuing. Using Weber Knapp’s Smokin’ Ugly Accessories Kit, our employee Nick made delicious pulled pork that you won’t want to miss.
Whether it be a tool, widget, or other product, manufacturers sometimes produces products that they themselves don’t use. Here at Weber Knapp, we don’t just manufacture products, we live by them.
Preheat your Smoking' Ugly drum smoker and get cooking:
Smokin’ Ugly: Nick’s Basic Pulled Pork
This method is intended for pulled pork to be used with any variety of sauce added to it when it is being served.
1) Using a standard 3-5 lb. pork loin, trim the fat cap and remove the glands from the meat.
2) Mix a ratio of 3:2:1 parts salt, pepper, and garlic powder to create a rub.
3) Generously apply the rub to the meat, 4-12 hours before the cook
4) Using your favorite charcoal or wood type, place in a 250°-275° smoker with a heat shield under the meat.
5) Once the internal meat temperature reaches 160°-170° or after 4-5 hours wrap meat in foil. Once the meat is wrapped the smoking part is over and it is up to the cooker as to if they want to continue to slow cook it at 250° or increase the temperature to speed up the cooking time. Do not cook it above 325°.
6) Continue cooking until the internal meat temperature reaches a minimum of 200°. Do not go above 205°.
7) Remove meat from the smoker. Open (do not remove) the foil and allow for the heat to vent from the meat for 15 minutes.
8) Rewrap the meat in the foil and let it rest for 1-2 hours.
9) Remove the foil and pull the bone. Shred the meat and serve with your favorite sauce.
More on the Smokin’ Ugly Drum Smoker Accessories Kit:
Produced with Weber Knapp’s proprietary Vectis™ technology, the Smokin’ Ugly drum smoker allows a user to open and close the smoker lid with ease. Learn more about Weber Knapp’s Smokin’ Ugly Drum Smoker Accessories Kit here or start shopping today!